Hello new favorite recipe!!! simple Oven baked rice. Am I excited or what? I honestly feel like I just cracked next level code in this cooking game.
Sometime last week I was completely tired after work. Looked in the fridge and there was absolutely nothing to eat. So I threw together a few things with rice and whala! even my husband said “this tastes like a party in my mouth”
This recipe is a game changer! it’s so versatile too. Try it this exact way or throw together whatever you have on hand. One rule to live by EQUAL PART RICE TO EQUAL PART LIQUID. You dont need more water than rice. So however much rice you use, use same part water.
More tips :
- You can wash the rice if you want but make sure it’s thoroughly drained
- Create a seal with foil. you need trapped steam to completely cook the rice
- Do not check on the rice while it’s in the oven. opening the pan or stirring will cause it to lose steam and not cook evenly
- Any type of oven proof pan including baking pan and disposable foil can be used for this recipe
Simple Oven Baked Rice Recipe
- 2 cups rice (basmati or parboiled rice )
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup blended pepper mix (optional)
- Teaspoon each (curry, thyme, paprika)
- Salt – to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil (coconut)
- Handful chopped peppers
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In an oven safe pan, combine all ingredients.
- Seal with foil and cover tightly. Bake for 35 mins.
Fluff and serve